Stereo Doppler Microwave detector in ATEX housing
High Performance Technology
Efficiency Ultra-Sensitive applications
Intelligence, Stereo Doppler Microwave Detector
PIRAMID ATEX is compliant with the Standard ATEX 94/9 EC – EN 50014 -18. This product assures the protection of hazardous locations due to the presence of flammable gasses or vapours, combustible dusts, easily ignitable fibres or flying sparks.
PIRAMID ATEX is equipped with a Stereo Doppler Microwave Detector: Two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and periodically moving objects as sources of unwanted alarms.
Piramid ATEX is suitable for sensitive sites classed Zone 1 and 2 for flammable gasses and Zone 21 and 22 for combustible dusts: Oil Rigs, Petrochemical Sites, Storage zones for dangerous materials.
|Input voltage||10 to 28 VDC|
|Consumption||150 mA @ 12 Vcc (LED OFF)|
|RF power density||120 uW/cm² max. at the face of the unit|
|Operating temperature||-35°C to +70°C|
|IP rating||IP66 compliant with EN 60529 and IEC 60529 Mechanical resistance IK10 compliant with EN 50102|
|Relay contact rating||0,1 A / 50 V|
|Microwave frequency||Factory adjusted to one of the following frequencies : 10,525 MHz USA 10,587 MHz International 9,900 MHz International 9,470 MHz International|
|Electric access||Housing provided with NPT 1/2” pipe thread and cable gland adapted to non-armoured cables. Diameter 2 mm to 9 mm|
- Do not install the detector on a surface exposed to strong vibrations. It must be installed on a wall or on a solid pole. If it is installed on a building with a metal surface, the support must be vibration-resistant.
- Position the detector in such a way that its coverage stops on the ground in the required protection area. Do not forget that the device can detect a big object such as a lorry or bus at a distance of approximately 150 meters.
- Do not install the detector under eaves not fitted with a gutter. In case of heavy rain, the flow of water directly in front of the detector may trigger unwanted alarms.
The SDI-77XL2-EX Model of Stereo Doppler Motion Detection Sensor was developed to protect Hazardous Locations due to the presence of flammable gasses or vapors, combustible dusts or easily ignitable fibers or flyings.
The SDI-77XL2-EX electronic assembly is configured to be easily inserted into a special explosion-proof enclosure. The unit is suitable for applications in Hazardous Locations under the following classifications:
- Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C,D
- Class II, Div. 1 & 2, Groups E,F,G
- Class III
- NEMA 7CD, 9EFG
The unit is suitable for installations at petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, storage areas and other processing facilities where hazardous substances are handled or stored.
The high-frequency antenna comprises a 24 GHz frequency transmitter (in K band) and a receiver with Doppler effect which detects signal variations caused by the passage of an object in the lobe. The association of these two technologies produces a reliable and high-performance solution by forming a non-physical light curtain or lobe (depending on sensor model).