Public rail company
A Canadian public rail system operation was seeking a way in which to secure part of the tramway storage and maintenance areas in order to detect intrusions at the site and/or on the tracks.
The challenge was finding a solution whereby the proximity of the security system to the tracks did not impact the ability to secure the area effectively. In addition, there were also several access points in the perimeter fence that protects the site.
- 1.5 km (1 mile) of G-Fence 3000 installed on existing fence line
- 8 x 3-metre (10 ft.) MAXIRIS columns comprised of 12 cells
- 3 technicians for installation
- 4 days of installation time
- 2 days of commissioning support
After an in-depth site review, the recommendation involved a combination of two technologies:
- Fence-mounted intrusion detection system : G-FENCE 3000, an accelerometer-based technology that detects cuts, climbs and lifts of the fence,
- Infrared barriers : MAXIRIS, a long-range active infrared barrier to provide intrusion detection on all or sections of the tracks with the ability to discriminate between trains and people