INFRABEL, the Belgian railway company, wanted to detect unauthorised rail crossings. Indeed, until now, more than 90 crossings per day were recorded. For INFRABEL, this is a major issue, as in 2020, 5 people lost their lives. However, since the installation of our shock detection cable in April 2021, there has been no recorded passage.
An extension of the detection system is planned for the end of 2021 to protect an additional 1.5 km of fence.
- More than 3 km of fence to equip
- Willingness to reduce the installation time as much as possible in order to limit the affect of rail traffic
- 600 meters of fence secured in April 2021
- 3 Control Units installed
- 2 nights for installation by 2 field technicians
- 1 500 meters of additional security planned by the end of 2021
In order to meet the customer’s needs, our teams recommended the installation of a shock detection cable:
• Our shock detection cable G-FENCE 3000 offers up to 3200 meters of protection. Thanks to its solar power supply (no cabling required for power supply) and its automatic setting, the G-FENCE 3000 can be installed quickly.